Friday, June 24, 2011

My Borrowed Boy

Today I took my borrowed son to see his mother for the very last time.  On Monday Jason's mom just did not wake up.  She was just 41 and had lived a pain-filled life.  She struggled to be a good mother, and to live clean and sober.  I pray she is finally at peace.  I believe the God of all mercy would have ushered her home in those final moments.  Meanwhile my boys heart breaks.  It breaks for the mother she was.  For the mother she wasn't and for the mother she can never be now.  Earlier this week I took my girlfriend to the very spot where the ocean took her son's life.  Why, oh why does this life have to hurt so damn much?  I am tired of hurting.  I am tired of watching my friends hurt.  I long for heaven, for Tom, for peace and for no more pain. I long.

4 comments:

  1. It's so hard watching your friends hurting... this is kind of like it's like for all of your friends watching you hurt. Even though I haven't lost a husband, I do understand the longing, and pray that you will continue to feel God's presence right near you.

    I'm glad you moved your blog here.. the colors are cheerful and the photo on the top is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new look! And it is terrible watching others grieve...it's almost worse than dealing with our own.

    ReplyDelete